Your wedding day will be filled with love, laughter, and most importantly – countless unforgettable moments! However, the planning and executing can be overwhelming task, even for those of us (like me) who are Type A about details and timelines. This is where a wedding planner steps in and becomes not only an invaluable asset, ensuring that every detail is flawlessly coordinated, but also like a best friend you didn’t know you had. In Newport, Rhode Island, hiring a wedding planner becomes even more essential, due to logistics such as transportation during high tourist season. Here are my top five…coming from someone who has photographed hundreds of weddings across New England.
Expertise and Experience:
1. Wedding planners bring a wealth of expertise and experience to the table. They possess an in-depth understanding of Newport’s venues and hidden gems. Your wedding planner has likely worked with enough local vendors and suppliers that they help suggest wedding professionals that fit both your style and overall budget for your wedding day. From selecting the perfect waterfront venue to curating a personalized cocktail hour and dinner spread, your wedding planner is like your personal Google with expert knowledge.
2. Have you noticed that most wedding professionals reply to emails and request wedding meetings occur during typical weekday working hours? Your wedding planner acts as your point of contact, contract negotiator extraordinaire, and vendor coordinator. They handle the big (and little) details, meeting coordination, timelines, and all of those behind-the-scenes tasks that take away from your guests and loved ones relaxing and fully enjoying themselves.
Attention to Detail:
3. Have you seen wedding photos with ideas you’ve only dreamed of making happen? A wedding planner’s design skills with details will cover every aspect of your day, making sure that your vision comes to life. From organizing transportation for guests from multiple locations to managing your timeline through getting ready and your group photos, they are pretty much your go-to for everything possible that requires any sort of logistics. Have you been wondering how to coordinate an ice cream truck with root beer floats for your late night reception? Do you wish you knew how to plan to get your 20-person wedding party from The Chanler to Rosecliff Mansion without worrying about making anyone drive and park in Newport? They’ve coordinated trolleys, snacks, drinks, buffer time, everything that makes your wedding day feel like a day of celebration without all of the worries.
Troubleshooting and Crisis Management:
4. Even with the most thorough planning, unexpected challenges can arise on your wedding day. What would you do if your transportation was running 30 minutes behind, due to traffic? Do you want to spend that time on the phone with vendors and your caterer, or would you rather leave it to a professional who can handle that type of last-minute coordination while you and your wedding party have extra time for more wedding photos? A wedding planner is a seasoned problem solver, equipped to handle last-minute emergencies or unforeseen circumstances. Where is the best spot for photos near your venue on a rainy day? What happens when one of the buttons breaks on your bustle just five minutes before your first dance? Should you move your ceremony inside with a thunderstorm on its way? Whether it’s a vendor delay or a sudden change in weather, they will handle the situation with grace and professionalism, so that you and your guests can remain relaxed, knowing that your planner has everything under control.
Time and Cost Efficiency:
5. Contrary to popular belief, hiring a wedding planner can actually save you time and money. I’ve personally seen this in action. Their relationships with venues and wedding professionals are far beyond what most couples can dream of, giving you access to vendors you may not have even found on your own. Wishing you could have custom draping for your tented Newport wedding? Hoping that your live painter can customize a wedding ceremony portrait with your dog? Would you love to serve Del’s Italian Ice to your guests during cocktail hour? Your wedding planner will know all of the things…just trust me on this!
When it comes to planning a wedding in Newport, Rhode Island, wedding planners are one of your most valuable professionals. Having your planner coordinate your wedding day allows you to focus on what truly matters – creating lifelong memories with your loved ones. Special shout-out to one of my favorite wedding planners, Sarah Brehant Events. Sarah and her team coordinated this beautiful editorial at Bois Dore Mansion in Newport, Rhode Island, showing customizations and details that were on par with timeless, editorial wedding trends of 2024.
Newport Wedding Professionals:
Assistants @ohhelloalzheimers @jp_tiffanyblake
Models @emily.grondine @ab.andersonn @jordanbaloghh